Updated Facebook App for iPhone Now Plays Videos and More
The new facebook application for iPhone – facebook 3.1.3 has now several features, the best among them is its capability to play facebook videos directly from the app. Besides this, you can also write on the wall of your friends, or post any updates in a group or forum. Now it also offers the option to upload pictures having width of 720 pixels.
Several bug fixes have also been made under-the-hood for this app so far which has greatly improved the overall user experience.
New features in this version:
- You can now watch Facebook videos.
- You can now view and write on walls of events.
- Uploaded photos are now 720px wide.
This version contains fixes for the following bugs:
- Could not comment on photos accessed from Notifications
- Could not upload photos smaller than a certain size
- No more than 2 notifications were highlighted as unread
- Status updates appeared out of order in News Feed
- Broken photo album links in News Feed
- Birthdays view had months in wrong order
- Last section of friend list was incomplete if you had fewer than 8 friends
- Notes with non-ASCII text were cut off at the end
Any application for facebook on iPad has not been announced so far which is very surprising, considering the fact that they could offer lot more features through it by utilizing its giant screen. The iPhone app would run smoothly on an iPad though, but the experience would not be the same.
If we say that they haven’t made much appearance on portable internet devices than the iPhone then it won’t be wrong, since there apps on other platforms are not very popular because of their slick interface and lack of features. Even their application on the second most popular mobile platform – Android, has failed to impress the users and has got major technical issues.